Alex Davis is a skilled trial lawyer with a keen business sense. Having owned and operated his own businesses, he brings real-world perspective to his clients’ challenges. He understands that disputes involve both financial and opportunity costs. He counsels clients through whatever hurdles they may face, while always maintaining focus on the efficient allocation of time and resources. His paramount goal in representing his clients is creatively and effectively solving problems.
Throughout Alex’s career, he has represented individuals, businesses, governmental entities and nonprofit corporations. He has served as lead counsel in a wide array of disputes – from transactional negotiations to multi-jurisdictional complex litigation matters. This experience informs his effective advocacy for clients – whether before a judge, jury or appellate court. His experience in every phase of litigation and dispute resolution enables him to confidently and successfully represent clients at every turn.
Over the years, Alex has represented clients in a wide array of industries, including technology, telecommunications, insurance and construction. Regardless of the industry, he appreciates the importance of a thorough understanding of his clients’ business models and the markets within which they operate. This comprehensive approach has led to consistently positive results for his clients.
Alex’s successful representation of his clients has earned the respect of his colleagues. He has been listed in Missouri & Kansas Super Lawyersevery year since 2017 – a recognition reserved for only the top 2.5% of lawyers in Missouri and Kansas, as voted on by fellow members of the bar.
- Lead counsel in complex tax litigation involving dozens of issues of state and federal law. Defended various municipalities in declaratory judgment actions filed by prepaid wireless carrier. Successfully prosecuted counterclaims on behalf of each city, resulting in substantial judgments and settlements following trial and appeal.
- Lead counsel in personal injury and wrongful death action arising out of a car accident in Illinois. The personal injury action was met with a lawsuit against claimants seeking enforcement of a purported settlement. Following summary judgment for claimants on the enforcement action, the case settled for twelve times the stated policy limits.
- Successfully defended owner of towing company in personal injury action brought by claimant who was injured when his automobile ran him over while it was being unloaded from company’s tow truck. Following jury trial, unanimous verdict for towing company.
- Lead attorney in corporate formation and subsequent mergers and acquisitions of regional technology companies.
- Representation of numerous businesses in the drafting, negotiating and enforcement of non-compete/non-disclosure agreements, service contracts, asset purchase agreementsand lease agreements.