Jarret Raab is a creative business attorney who uses his significant experience litigating high-stakes corporate disputes to counsel entrepreneurs and business owners regarding complex commercial matters. He works with a wide range of clients to develop strategies to thoughtfully and proactively protect their assets and, when necessary, aggressively represent their interests in disputes that invariably arise in the course of their operations.
With a strong business background and track record of successfully litigating sophisticated disputes in federal and state court, Jarret utilizes his knowledge and skills to provide clients with business-focused advice and counseling.
Jarret prides himself on consistently delivering successful results. He focuses on partnership disputes and “business divorces,” financial services litigation, enforcement of restrictive covenants and non-compete agreements, trade secret disputes, representation of policy holders in insurance coverage litigation, and prosecution of consumer fraud claims and business torts. He also handles construction and real estate litigation and is experienced litigating civil rights violations and product liability disputes.
Prior to joining Dressler Peters, Jarret was a partner at a prestigious commercial litigation and bankruptcy firm in Chicago. He also previously worked as an attorney at a leading commercial litigation boutique in Atlanta, as well as a business consultant at one of the nation’s largest risk management consulting firms in Boston.
Outside of work, Jarret is an active member of the community and has served on the board of the Anti-Defamation League. He spends much of his free time with his two young children, exercising, and attending local concerts. Jarret is also avid Georgia Bulldog fan.
Representative Legal Achievements
- Prosecuted multi-district litigation on behalf of a leading financial institution against various investment firms and equipment financing companies arising from a $189 million fraudulent scheme to invest in a participated loan to a bottling manufacturer.
- Prosecuted fraudulent transfer actions on behalf of court appointed equity receiver of a leading commodities broker that had defrauded investors out of more than $215 million.
- Defended multinational manufacturer of power supplies in $15 million product defect case against one of the world’s leading telecommunication companies.
- Represented escrow company against multi-million dollar class action suit for fraud and breach of fiduciary duty resulting from alleged misappropriation of tax payments and prosecuted related professional negligence claim against insurance broker arising from broker’s failure to procure appropriate insurance coverage.
- Defended chemical distributor in high profile, international product defect litigation brought on behalf of numerous autistic children arising from the alleged link between thimerosal containing vaccines and autism.
- Represented equity investor in high-profile Chicago restaurant group in business divorce that resulted in dissolution of company as a result of misappropriation of assets by the managing partners.
- Prosecuted breach of fiduciary duty and fraud claims against managing partner of commercial real estate venture as a result of self-dealing and defended minority owners in related litigation brought by secured lender claiming interest in $12 million partnership distribution following sale of company’s real estate holdings.